Don’t be a cybercrime statistic. Keep yourself protected. Be smart. Stay safe.
Our friends at Symantec (Norton) have provided the following tips for your online security.
You don’t have to be a computer genius to protect yourself online. By following a few common sense tips, you can make the most out of your Internet experience, while protecting you and your family from online threats. Increase your awareness of online security and help deny cybercriminals access to your personal information.
Australian Federal Police suggest you:
· Install security software and update it regularly.
· Turn on automatic updates so that all your software receives the latest fixes.
· Get a stronger password and change it at least twice a year.
· Stop and think before you click on links or attachments.
· Stop and think before you share any personal or financial information – about yourself, your friends or family.
· Know what your children are doing online. Make sure they know how to stay safe and encourage them to report anything suspicious.
· Never respond to emails or cold calls purporting to be from banks or financial institutions.
If you are a victim of online fraud contact your financial institution and your local police on 131 444.
For more information, visit these sites: